Hradek in Rýmařov
The wooden administration centre of Přemyslovci, which was fortified by rampart and a massive trench was founded on the loess hillock near the right bank of the Podolský brook in the precolonisation settlement period (1st half of the 13th century). A smallish town Rýmařov was founded under the protection of the fortress in 1269-78 in the German colonization times after the war extinction of older settlement. Rýmařov was formed by the marketplace and one circular street. They rebuilt the settlement in the same period into a partially stone town castle. Its important development was caused by a significant enlargement of the palace and other internal building during the first half of the 14th century. It has become the most important strategic place in the defence of the town after building of the town walls. By the end of 13th century was on the castle in the south of the palace gained gold from surrounding mines by a very modern smelting on special slats The peak of the hillock Hrádek was in the second half of the 14th century significantly raised by the mound and because of the pressure of events there was again built a wooden fortress on the same place, which was fenced by a polish fence and a palisade. From 1398 the Moravian margraves pledged the Rabštejn domain to its creditors starting from the period of civil wars. The first pledger Proček from Vildberk misused the situation, which caused the intervention of the provincial troops after the peace was made. Hrádek was together with Rabštejn and the whole Rýmařov conquered and burnt down in August 1405. It was never renovated again. After the fall of the castle settled in its former area firstly the market and later the producer of a really original renaissance ceramics. A systematic research was conducted here in 1969-88 and it is therefore nowadays protected archaeological locality. Its area is used by the Town Museum as a part of the geological exposition of the Jeseníky minerals and there is the replica of the castle palace bases with warming furnace from the end of the 13th century, which could be found above former bases.