Statue of St. John of Nepomuk
The sandstone statue of St. John of Nepomuk was erected in 1736 by Severin Tischler and stands in the square in Rýmařov. The saint is portrayed as a priest in Roche, a ceremonial robe of white cloth down to his knees with wide sleeves, and a Biret - a hat stiffened by diagonal ribs, with five stars around his head. In his arms he is holding a cross with the crucified figure of Christ.

Statue of the Virgin Mary
Marian's column from 1683 is decorated with the Ditrichštejn and Hoffman coat of arms and on it is a highly valuable sculpture of the Immaculate Virgin Mary praying. It was created by the Olomouc sculptor Francis Leblose.

Dolní Moravice

Dolní Moravice is first mentioned in 1258, when it belonged to the estate of Sovinec. Its inhabitants were mainly engaged in agriculture and manufacturing works. In 1712 there was a sawmill and paper mill. The school was established in 1599. The sights, registered in the list of cultural monuments include one cemetery at St. James the Elder, a sandstone sculpture of St. John of Nepomuk from 1751, a year later the column of St. Trinity, and the third sandstone sculpture depicts the Virgin Mary Immaculate on a Tuscan column. The folk architecture from the mid-19th century is also interesting. The village is a protected area.

Lomnice u Rýmařova

The first mention of Lomnica and the Tylova colony derives from 1269. In the 14 century Lomnica was part of the estate settlement Tylova Dvorce and belonged to the estate of Castle Sovinec. Lomnica had agricultural villages and settlements and Tylov awas a centre for mining. As a result of wars in the 15th century both villages were completely deserted. In 1582 the village of Tylova's first inhabitants settled, mainly miners. An iron-mill was built here. Lomnica had a copper-mill, brewery and malt house. Around the town hops grew. In 1872 work started started on building the railway. The Lomnicky stream flows through the commune, in the north of the village is a pond.

Malá Morávka

Mala Morávka is a popular holiday village and ski resort with lots of lifts and slopes of varying difficulty. Hotels and restaurants, a number of guesthouses and mountain huts are all available. Cycling trails criss-cross the locality between Jeseník and Znojmo. The village center is at the starting point of several marked hiking trails leading into Velký Kotel, the Jelení Studánka to Praděd. The area of the village was inhabited at the turn of the 14th century. 13 mines were located here and iron ore mining and smelting works were founded here as well as processing mills. The centre of the village is protected as a village conservation area.

Malá Štáhle

The village was founded around 1540 by Joseph Pňovský Sovinec. During the Thirty Years War, the village was abandoned and was subsequently re-populated. The chapel, which dominates the village, dates from 1759. In 1865 a croft was built for bleaching yarn, which was later extended to dyeing. Shale mining took place in the village. On the SW edge of the village along the local cycling route leading through Mala Morávka and Karlova Studánka up to Praděd. In the SE direction across Břidličná you will reach to the water reservoir Silesian Harta. An interesting walking tour is in a NW direction up the river Moravice floodplain through the Moravice Nature Preserve.


The history of Rýžoviště began in 1190. The first colonizers were seekers of gold and precious metals. In 1295 the foundations of the hospital chapel were established. In 1481 Rýžoviště received town status. The greatest expansion in the village was in the mid 19 century, when there were nearly 3000 people. People engaged in weaving, gradually two factories for the production of silk were built. The goods were exported to USA, England, France and Switzerland. After the second World War the original settlers were mostly citizens of Rýžoviště who settled in Wallachia. In the community today there are about 655 inhabitants.


The emergence of a community in Tvrdkov, Ruda and Mirotínek is closely linked to the powerful Bludovice family and extends into the 3rd century. Since its inception the communities were agricultural in and around Rudy but also successfully mined gold, silver and iron ore. In 1776 Tvrdkov church was built and dedicated to St. Anthony of Padua. Ruda has preserved the way of the cross with 14 statues leading to the Cross Hill and the Church of Our Lady of the Snows built in 1758. Close to Tvrdkov church is a statue of the Virgin Mary Immaculate built in 1848. The so-called Polish Stones at Mirotínku commemorate the death of Polish soldiers during the Swedish wars.


Statue of St. John of Nepomuk
The baroque sandstone statue of St. Jan Nepomucký (John of Nepomuk) in his traditional clothes and holding a cross stands on a granite square pedestal. It was made by A. F. Hatwiger in 1735. Fragments of the portal from the earlier Gothic church in Václavov were buried into its base.

Partneři Turistického informačního centra Rýmařov